The Burns family has been raising Hereford cattle in the Sequatchie Valley of Tennessee for sixty years. We continue to produce championship quality cattle for other producers and meat suppliers, including Certified Hereford Beef.
Our family has enjoyed the beef produced on our farm for decades and we are now offering it for direct sale to the consumer. By choosing one of our packages you can be confident in knowing where it came from as well as having the ability to customize your cuts of meat.
The herd is born and raised in our pastures and never confined to a stockyard. We offer them corn feed from our grain the last few weeks to offer better consistency and flavor throughout the meat. The cattle are raised all natural, allowing them to mature at their own rate without unnecessary pharmaceutical intervention. The slaughter facility we work with is USDA inspected and allows each customer to specify thickness and type of their cuts of beef. We offer whole and half packages of beef, and Free Delivery within 50 miles. You are also welcome to self pick-up at our farm.
25 lb. Premium Dry-Aged Ground Beef:
• Estimated 25 lbs.
25 lb. Premium Choice Cuts:
• 10 pounds of Dry-Aged Ground Beef
• 7 pounds of Steaks
• 8 pounds of Roasts
50 lb. Premium Choice Cuts:
• 20 pounds of Dry-Aged Ground Beef
• 15 pounds of Steaks
• 15 pounds of Roasts
• Estimated 400-600 lbs.
• Estimated 200-275 lbs.
Average Breakdown of Cuts (Standard order):
• Steaks – 19%
• Roasts – 17%
• Round cuts – 9%
• Hamburger – 45%
• Miscellaneous – 10%
• Customers may also choose packages of steak and hamburger only. These cuts normally result in 60% hamburger, 40% steaks.
• Steaks can be cut to customer preferred thickness, from ½” and up.
• Hamburger can be packaged in 1, 2, or 5 pounds.
• Roasts can be cut to 2 or 3 pounds.
• To prepare for your meat, the rule of thumb is one cubic foot of freezer space for each 35 to 40 pounds of cut and wrapped meat. You should allow for slightly more space when the meat is packaged in varying shapes.